I barely have any temper problems so this response is a difficult one. When I did have temper problems, it was probably when I was younger and it was over little things, and the consequences for them were very little. I can only remember one time when i had real bad temper. Once, in the fifth grade, I was pretty upset about an test I had took. There was one question that I just knew was right but I had got it wrong. That question was going to be the question that brung the test grade up to an A. I was pretty upset. I just knew the question was right and I knew she had messed up. I also knew if I was to come to her with an attitude and a really bad temper, It would result in a detention or worse. At the time I really didn't care what happened as long as I got that question right. Somrhting had to be done about this, and soon.
I wasn't sure where all the anger was coming from, but all i knew was that the anger was coming out, and if I didn't do anything soon, consequenses were going to occur. I had never gotten anything lower than an A on a test and most definently not on an report card. I knew my parents wouldn't be upset with me, but I just kept on with all the rage. I did and said things ththat I wouldn't dare do or say. I needed to cool down. I asked if I could get a drink of water. I was cooling down and my mind was clearing up. I was back. When i came back into the classroom, my teacher had told me that the question that I had got wrong was really right and she had made an mistake. I was relieved and instantly replinished. There were no consequences involved because I had stopped myself before things got out of control. I knew from there on that when I felt temper rising, istantly cool down before thingget to out of hand. When i learned that, I rarely got in trouble.
No comments:
Post a Comment