Friday, November 18, 2011

Second Quarter Blog #3 prompt 7

I haven't experienced many deaths in my childhood,in fact I actually haven't really experienced any, but someone i know did die. I was 13 when it happened so I understood that she was going to a better place. I remember one morning I had woken up and was ready to go on an trip to Chicago and I was just about to grab a couple of snacks for the road. I went into the living room and my mom was not looking so well. I gave her some space, but it was starting to bother me. I tried my hardest to keep my mouth shut but it was going to my mind so I asked her if she was all right. She told me one of my child hood friends mother had passed. An huge shock came across me immediately. I asked her one more time to see if I wasn't going crazy. She repeated it, she was gone.

I didn't know what to say. Things were happening so fast in my head and I didn't know what to say or think. It was horrible because she had died because of stress. They didn't have any money, their dad had left them in the middle of the night, their 4 year old sister steal didn't know how to talk, and they were always being made fun of because of the way they smelled or the clothes they were wearing. I always felt sorry for them and always complimented them, but people still kept bothering and pestering them, and all they did was turn the other cheek. All the way up until now there still turning the other cheek. And all I can say is that I'm sorry. I felt totally useless and also,torn to pieces.

I went outside the next couple of days later and heard someone talking about them in a negative way. I immediately told them to shut up and I had told them there mother had died. And then he had said the worse thing he could have ever said, " She probably died because of how bad they stunk." I must have been possessed or something because as soon as he said that I punched him dead in his face and didn't stop until like ten guys got him me off of him. I was so angry and couldn't control my anger. I was still punching while they were carrying me away from the boy. It was an horrible day that I will never forget. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment