Friday, May 11, 2012

4th quarter blog Introduction Letter

Hi my name is Marcus Burton, and I will be the author of this poetry book. I am currently a freshman in High school and I am starting the poetry unit. Poetry has been an personal hobby for me for years. I first started doing poetry in second grade when I was at least 7 or 8 years old. I think a partial reason why I do so well in poetry is because I am a good reader. That's a little history about me.

My favorite poem I wrote so far is "Beasts". I can't give away to much or I will be spoiling the poem. Beasts is an poem that has a thrill to it and is very suspenseful. All in all, most of my poems are very calm and straight to the point so this poem kind of broke the ice a little.

My least favorite poem is my poem on love. Love is kind of a hard topic to discuss, let alone talk about considering I am a male. Also it was kind of hard to write due to the little experience I have on love due to my age.

I feel like this quarter I have really got an feel for poetry. There is no real rubric to poetry. With poetry it is up to the poet how long or how short the poem is. There is no right or wrong answer.

I didn't notice It, but surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself during this poetry unit. I learned that I have an  very vast imagination and I know more than I thought.  Poetry has really improved my skills in writing and in reading. Two thumbs up to poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment