On Thursday, February 9, we watched the movie "Bullied". My opinion was that the movie was great and changed a lot of people's lives. I could see people around the room getting pretty emotional during the movie. Seeing that actually made me think that maybe some people might change there ways and try to stop the bullying situation. If enough people could come together on that single cause, I think the bullying situation, if not reduced,can be almost completely stopped. On Thursday we also did a survey on what bullying was like in our school. One of my responses to the survey was " I didn't think the bullying issue was being took to seriously". Also, I think bullying is slightly allowed. Not so much in the classroom, but like in sports such as basketball. I myself have been bullied with people making fun of my athletic abilities. The coaches saw it but said nothing. It was hard to get over and I was hurt.
Today I got on teaching tolerance to read and respond to a certain article listed on the site. As I was looking through them, I realized that there was nothing positive along those many articles. 9 out of 10 of those articles had to do with the issue of bullying. The article I chose was "When kids laugh at hobos, teach compassion" The article is about a young girl that is being bullied because she is a so called " hobo". Another girl that went to her school had caught her in the hallway and said " When you went downtown did you see a hobo"? The girl didn't take it so badly because, she knew that she was told to say it. The girl has also been going through problems at home so being bullied at school doesn't make matters any better. Many homeless people, or just on the verge of being homeless, are deciding to run away due to neglect.
No comments:
Post a Comment